Oct 25 , 2021
Whether your thirties are dirty or flirty (or both!) we know how to make them even more fabulous by letting you in on how you can have great skin in your thirtieth decade! In this post, we’ll be exploring how your skin changes, how to adjust your care routine and, finally, the best ingredients to look for to protect and preserve your youthful glow.
How Your Skin Changes Over Time
As we age, our skin loses its elasticity due to the decreasing turnover of skin cells. This is caused by a variety of factors, both genetic and environmental. Other changes include a decrease in your hormone levels, which have an adverse effect on the production of collagen and elastin.
According to experts, uneven skin tone and sun damage can be expected, especially if you have been less than vigilant about sunscreen. Another common experience is your skin becoming drier or oilier, depending on your lifestyle.
What to Do
To protect your skin (and sanity), here are our top tips to keep your skin looking radiant, refreshed and timeless:
- Increase Exfoliation: Two to three times a week is perfect for stimulating cell renewal and cleansing away dirt and impurities from your pores. Look for products that contain vitamin C and ceramides, as well as salicylic and glycolic acids.
- Intense Moisturiser: Skin loses its ability to lose moisture as you age, so adding a hydrating moisturiser can really help keep you looking firm and glowing.
- Eye Cream: If you haven’t started using an eye cream yet, now is the time. Look for a light formula you will use every morning and at night before bed. Look out for eye creams with ferulic acid and SPF for best results.
- Treatments: To keep yourself in tip-top shape, consult a skincare expert for the best type of facial or treatment for your skin type. There are so many to choose from, it’s understandable if you feel overwhelmed; however, scheduling a brightening or detoxing facial once a month will definitely help you look and feel fabulous. We LOVE our partner, Vhi for skincare needs.
What Ingredients to Look For
- Retinol: The star of many anti-ageing products, retinol has many benefits, including stimulating the formation of collagen, fading acne scars and other signs of hyperpigmentation.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Recommended for reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles by moisturising your skin. This ingredient also speeds up wound healing and is safe for all skin types.
- Vitamin C: We are always singing the praises of this active! Not only does it brighten your skin, it also prevents collagen loss (very important for people in their thirties). It increases the efficacy of your sunscreen, as well as preventing fine lines and fading pigmentation.
Now you have a general idea of how to keep your skin looking smooth, flawless and fabulous! Make sure to keep your body looking beautiful with a variety of regular spa treatments, available at Spa Durban, of course! Contact us today to book your appointment