Feb 16 , 2023
We can all agree on the fact that clear, radiant skin isn’t easy to achieve. Every day we go on social media and we see a variety of different skincare products from different brands, and some of these products being pushed out to us are extremely expensive. Our pockets cannot keep up with all the cleaners, serums and moisturisers on the market. The products you use on your face do matter and do make a difference - but sometimes, we cannot afford to spend hundreds of rands on skincare. If you are trying to achieve your dream skin on a budget, read further.
- Make sure you are getting the right amount of “beauty sleep”: Sleep provides the skin time to repair itself. While we sleep, our skin regenerates - this means that a restful night’s sleep will assist you in achieving radiant skin without spending a cent. Another tip is to make sure that you are switching out your pillow case regularly. Often our pillow cases are extremely dirty from left over makeup, sweat etc. This can cause skin issues such as acne.
- Drink a lot of water and remain hydrated: It is important to drink a lot of water when trying to achieve your skin goals. Water helps to maintain the skin’s elasticity. People who drink less water are more likely to suffer from scarring and wrinkles. Ice water can also be used as a facial. Dipping your face in ice water or rubbing an ice cube on your face can reduce redness, puffiness and pore visibility.
- Massage your skin: Facial massages promote healthy skin. It has a calming and revitalising impact that can make your skin look better and also make you feel better. It is important to make sure that you have washed your hands before giving yourself a facial massage. If your hands are dirty, and you are touching your face, you are doing your skin more harm than good.
- Use a paper towel to wipe your face: Wiping your face with a paper towel, instead of a face cloth, is a great way to ensure your skin remains clear. Often when we use a facecloth or a towel, it isn’t clean enough to be used on our faces. The germs that collect in the bathroom may be present on the cloth or towel and if we then use it on our face, we are spreading the germs onto our freshly cleaned skin.
- Switch up your hot shower for a cold one: Cold showers tighten your pores and prevent the stripping of natural oils. Hot showers can leave your skin feeling very dry, because it strips the skin or its natural oils. Consistent cold showers can keep your skin feeling supple and prevent your pores from getting clogged.
Skincare does not have to be pricey. It is important to invest in good quality skincare products but using these affordable hacks can also benefit your skin greatly.
Facials are a great way to keep your skin looking clear and radiant. At Spa Durban we offer a variety of different facial treatments with many benefits. Book a facial with us today.