Jan 18 , 2023
When we hear the word ‘waxing’ - often we immediately associate it with pain. Although waxing does cause more discomfort than shaving during the process, the benefits of waxing are impressive. Waxing is an affordable way to look as smooth as possible from head to toe without the skin darkening and skin irritation that constant shaving can cause. If you’d like to know why you should be switching from shaving to waxing in 2023, read on.
- Waxing produces better RESULTS than shaving: Shaving may seem like the better option for those wanting to be smooth constantly, but the regrowth of hair from shaving is much faster than the re growth of hair from waxing. If you shave today, you will feel and possibly see hair the very next day. Shaving simply gets rid of the surface layer of hair, whereas waxing gets rid of the hair from the root. This means that you are smooth for an extended period of time.
- Waxing promotes less ingrown hairs: Ingrown hairs is a shaved or tweezed hair that grows back into the skin, causing inflammation and pain. When you wax, your skin is pulled taut and the wax is pulled quickly. This allows for a more accurate process (especially if your waxing is done by a professional) and lessens the chances of ingrown hairs.
- Waxing exfoliates the skin: During the process of waxing, the outer layer of the skin (the dry, flaky cells) are removed along with the hair. Therefore during your waxing session, your skin is exfoliated and your skin texture is improved. So, if you are wondering why your skin has a much better look and feel after your waxing appointment - you now know!
- The more you wax, finer and softer your hair becomes: Since your hair is getting pulled out from the root when you wax, the hair follicle gets weaker and weaker over time. Weaker hair follicles produce finer and sparser hair. Although it will take some time to see a change, this results in longer periods of time between your waxing appointments in the future.
- You will avoid the risk of nicks and cuts: There is always a high chance of getting cut when using a razor. Razor cuts are usually very small but can also be extremely painful. When you choose to switch from shaving to waxing, your skin is less exposed to damage. Shaving can also cause extreme skin irritation, the itchiness experienced post-shave can be a real pain.
Waxing is highly recommended for a number of reasons. We offer full body waxing at an affordable price at Spa Durban. Our therapists will ensure that your waxing experience is a good one. Booking your wax with us today.